Level 1
Level 1

Version 12.2(7)

I tried the following to disable telnet to our 3640:

router(config)#access-list 10 deny any

router(config)#line vty 0 4

router(config-line)#access-class 10 in

router(config-line)#access-class 10 out

Of course - this disabled ssh connection as well. I didn't save to mem, so I was able to reload.

How can I take care of just telnet connections?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

donewald
Level 6
Level 6

If you use the transport input command and just specify what you want to use to connect. By default this is "transport input all".. so it would look something like this for ssh. (assuming you have ssh already setup on the router)

conf t

line vty 0 4

transport input ssh

Try this without the access-class on your vty lines first to make sure you get the proper function.. then you can apply them if you would like to further limit who can get logged in. You'll need to permit something in your access-list or you'll cut off everything, as you found out I guess..

Hope this helps you,

Don

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

donewald
Level 6
Level 6

If you use the transport input command and just specify what you want to use to connect. By default this is "transport input all".. so it would look something like this for ssh. (assuming you have ssh already setup on the router)

conf t

line vty 0 4

transport input ssh

Try this without the access-class on your vty lines first to make sure you get the proper function.. then you can apply them if you would like to further limit who can get logged in. You'll need to permit something in your access-list or you'll cut off everything, as you found out I guess..

Hope this helps you,

Don

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: