cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I reload a 831 router back to the factory defaults?

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I was running the router#setup utility and when i was done it saved the config.

Then i could not surf so tried to do a write erase on the router# prompt it erased nvram and when it booted back up i had ano startup-config. I did a copy of the running-config to the startup-config and then reloaded the router and it showed a config file but i still could not surf.

I have got the router to accept the ip address of WAN DHCP server but for some reason cannot get it to work on the LAN side. I have tried to specify an ip and subnet on the e0 int but it will not let me surf.

Is there any one that knows how to restore the router back to default out of the box configuration.

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Doing a write erase will bring the router back to default configuration. You can run setup dialog (it should automatically prompt you), which will allow you to do a basic setup of the router.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks. I actually did that but it still did not work. That was one of my issues. I stated that but my issue with that setup the configuration wizard wanted to configure the Lan0 int as the WAN int. When it did i was able to get the wan port ip address DHCP. i think what i need to do is configure the ethernet lan port for ip address pool but i do not know what to name it.

Thanks for the reply

Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: