Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How do I turn off logging messages generated by an ISDN connection going up & down, it is filling the log on our local router.

Our 7000 log is full of ISDN messages that are generated everytime a connection goes up or down. How do you supress these messages so our logs won't be full of these messages.

Below is a sample of the messages we wish to supress.

Apr 16 09:36:12.209: %ISDN-6-DISCONNECT: Interface Serial10/0/0:1 disconnected

from ssrt033, call lasted 126 seconds

Apr 16 09:36:12.285: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Serial10/0/0:1, changed state to

down

Apr 16 09:36:12.985: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Serial10/0/

0:1, changed state to down

Apr 16 09:36:13.201: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Virtual-Acc

ess9, changed state to down

Apr 16 09:36:13.413: %FIB-5-NOPUNTINTF: CEF resuming switching packets to Virtua

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: How do I turn off logging messages generated by an ISDN conn

Unfortunately, you cannot do that without scarifying recording other important message. The logging work by setting a level for the least significant message you want to record. If you want not to record interfaces going up and down, that means you need to set you logging level to (2) because interface UPDOWN is level (3) message. You cannot select certain interface to be logged and others not, you cannot select level 2 and 4 but not level 3. So I highly not recommend doing that. the command is router(config)# logging buffered 2

Another work around is to increase the buffer size so it can accommodate relatively larger amount of messages and you do not get a rolled-over message . again this depends on the memory size of your router. the command for it is router(config)#logging buffered where value is the size of your buffer in bytes with minimum of 4K

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.