cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How long can E1(shielded twisted pair ) support?

skangsh
Level 1
Level 1

The network topology is;

7206 with PA-MC-8E1/120----to---- E1 transportation device

The distance between them is 200m. I want to use shielded twisted pair with RJ48 directly connect them. can it work?

Another case is same:

2610XM with NM-1CE1T1-PRI-----to-----E1 transportation device

he distance between them is 200m. I want to use shielded twisted pair with RJ48 directly connect them. can it work too?

All devices provide RJ48 ports. Can shielded twisted pair can support 200 meters in these cases? I am looking forward to

receive answers , thanks a lot

2 Replies 2

preddyi
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have seen practically, NM 1CE1-B working for more than 30 meters over UTP.

May be using STP it will support driving for longer distance, but not sure upto 200 M .

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

T1 can extend to 655 feet (~200+ meters)over "Premesis Cable" - individually shielded pair in an overall shielded jacket.

UTP will not reliably handle that distance. UTP is not really "certified" for T1/E1, but most systems will tolerate it for shorter distances.

Check the impedence of the cable you intend to use against the spec. I do not have access to the specs at this time, but I'll try to find it and re-post.

Good Luck

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: