Views
Helpful
Replies

How many BRI channels can I aggregate on PRI and BRI

karl.jones
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I want to map many individual ISDN2 bri channels to a dialer profile using an 8 port bri module for a 3600 router. When you use ppp multilink, are you limited by the routing protocol with how many channel you can ppp multilink .. ie six. Could I aggregate 8 IDSN2 channels giving me 1mb.

Also with pri is there a limit on the amount of channels I could ppp multilink for dialing between to ras devices with pri connected to each. Are there any routing protocol limitations?

Finally, if I multilink 4 ISDN 2 channels using ppp multilink - how does the routing protocol view this in terms of routing metric, will it see this as one 512k block or do I need to put the 512k bw statement on the dialer profile.

Sorry for the long post

Best regards to all

2 Replies 2

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no limitation of bonding the chans togather to pri interface..So 8 port BRI= 16 chans shouldn't be a problem..Not for routing protocol as well.

Now you can modify the routing matrix by using the "bandwidth " command.

So if I bonded 8 port BRI= 16 chans, on an 8 port bri module, on which int would i modify the bw, would it be the dialer profile itself or the virtual access, or the bri int. We have no pri at the moment so it would be 8 port bri to 8 port bri.

Kind regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: