Views
Helpful
Replies

How many BRI channels can I aggregate on PRI and BRI

karl.jones
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I want to map many individual ISDN2 bri channels to a dialer profile using an 8 port bri module for a 3600 router. When you use ppp multilink, are you limited by the routing protocol with how many channel you can ppp multilink .. ie six. Could I aggregate 8 IDSN2 channels giving me 1mb.

Also with pri is there a limit on the amount of channels I could ppp multilink for dialing between to ras devices with pri connected to each. Are there any routing protocol limitations?

Finally, if I multilink 4 ISDN 2 channels using ppp multilink - how does the routing protocol view this in terms of routing metric, will it see this as one 512k block or do I need to put the 512k bw statement on the dialer profile.

Sorry for the long post

Best regards to all

2 Replies 2

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no limitation of bonding the chans togather to pri interface..So 8 port BRI= 16 chans shouldn't be a problem..Not for routing protocol as well.

Now you can modify the routing matrix by using the "bandwidth " command.

So if I bonded 8 port BRI= 16 chans, on an 8 port bri module, on which int would i modify the bw, would it be the dialer profile itself or the virtual access, or the bri int. We have no pri at the moment so it would be 8 port bri to 8 port bri.

Kind regards