Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to add gateway to 2801 router?

Gurus,

I have a relatively basic network with all my data stuff on the 192.168.0.x subnet, and VoIP devices on a 10.211.2.x subnet. The entire network is behind a PIX 501, at 192.168.0.1. The pix is the default gateway for internet access. I have a 2801 router running CallManager Express, at 10.211.2.1, and a 2nd interface with a 192.168.0.x address.

My question is, either through the GUI or otherwise, how can I configure the 2801 router to get internet access? I need it, so that I may not only set up NTP access (my timestamsp are off), but also so that I may expirement with some of the 'services' access that the VoIP phones are capable of.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Michael

6 REPLIES
Silver

Re: How to add gateway to 2801 router?

You configure a default route pointing to the next-hop. In your case, this will be

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.1

This is from the CLI

Thanks, I did as you said. How can I verify internet connectivity from the router?

Thanks,

-Michael

Ping some internet ip address.

Note: make sure that you have nated router ip address and permit for icmp in PIX firewall

Hi Mal,

jus try to ping any public ip address from the router thats it, if it pings, then your router can access internet, if your router wanted ping eg. yahoo.com, don't forget to add the name server in the router.

eg. ip name-server

just try to ping the public ip address or you can also ping the your remote office also from your router...

regards

Devang

hi malberttoo,

in your description aboove you didn't inform where exactly router is sitting and what is diagram if you can provide the diagram than only we will be able to put coments i think you should allow only certain port from router to go on internet so that your router will be secure

HTH please post diagram and information about router

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content