cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to clear "interface" counters

pdunphy
Level 1
Level 1

In viewing logs on each of my Catalyst 3500XL Switches I see several Input errors, collisions, CRCerrors, etc. I would like to reset all of the counters and watch what is happening. Any assistance available?!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

matthew.scala
Level 1
Level 1

Entering the "clear counters" command in enable mode will clear the counters on all the interfaces. You can also specify which counters you want to clear by entering the "clear int counters " Hope this helps..

- Matt

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

matthew.scala
Level 1
Level 1

Entering the "clear counters" command in enable mode will clear the counters on all the interfaces. You can also specify which counters you want to clear by entering the "clear int counters " Hope this helps..

- Matt

Thank you Matt! I was trying just the "clear" command with a ? for additional commands. Just for your FYI....I am doing this in an attempt to determin why some of my workstations are obtaining an Invalid Subnet Mask when the IP Lease is renewing.

Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: