cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to combine RADIUS auth with real time accounting? NetFlow again?

mrjackdaniel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello colleagues!

I am starting an ISP. And need several principle advices how to arrange my network.

The problem of RADIUS accounting is it's non real-time working mode. And if I need to arrange real-time accounting, am I to use NetFlow? That means, that users authorize via RADIUS but their Internet traffic is still calculated by using NetFlow. I have Cisco 2651XM as a core router and NAT, and UTM billing with it's RADIUS server. As I see UTM supports RADIUS authorization among with NetFlow accounting. But is there any other more rational solution?

3 Replies 3

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

BBSM could be used to configure RADIUS for billing.BBSM provides support for prepaid RADIUS user accounts, which are configured on the RADIUS server. For these accounts, after the end user is authenticated, a web page appears that shows how many minutes are left on the account. The user then clicks continue and is taken to the configured web portal. A disconnect window shows the number of minutes that remain until the session ends. At the end of the session, the window displays that the user is out of time, and the session terminates.For more information refer the following URL

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/netmgtsw/ps533/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00801f628f.html

I need to account for traffic, not time. RADIUS is used for authorization, and NetFlow for traffic accounting. But RADIUS accounting packets contain no information about traffic, only its amount.

Hi jack i know its old post . but kindly if u have a solution for net flow accounting to help me. i need it to bedone on radius & cisco kind regards
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: