cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to configure a network to access internet using multiple gateways???

sfavale
Level 1
Level 1

hi all

i need help to manage this situation

i have 2 networks:

- net A (10.10.10.x) with 200 pc users

- net B (10.10.11.x) with 6 routers connected to internet using ADSL (i'll call

them "internet routers"

- net A and B are connected using a router 2621, A on F0/0 and B on F0/1

i would like to know if it is possible to use an established internet router for a defined group of users.

the solution i reached is the following.

pc users default gateway will be 2610 F0/0 (10.10.10.254)

2610 default gateway will be F0/1

on each internet router i will configure an access list to accept only packets coming from an enstablished set of ip addresses.

i this way only a set of user can access to an established "internet router".

all the routers on lan B will be connected using an hub,allowing the broadcast requests coming out from the F0/1 to be received by all of them.

i think this situation should work, but i think that there should be a better solution.

in addition, i will need to put a firewall between F0/1 and lan B

this firewall will be a PC station with a firewall software and 2 eth interfaces.

please let me know any hint.

regards

Simone

2 Replies 2

vkasacavage
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know if your solution will work

The ideal solution would be to purchase a load balancer like the Cisco Content Switch

A second idea would be to setup 6 static routes to the internet on the 2610 and let round robin load balancing take effect. This way, each new session should use a different router

thx for your info,

i don't know about "load balancer", i need to get info about it, but in any case,

i think that using 6 static routes is a very easy way to make it work, really good..

why i don't think about it?

in this way i can't assign a user to a fixed router, but i will get everything faster and easier.

thx a lot

please let me know if there are other solutions.

Regards.

Simone

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco