Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

How to configure console dialin for a CatOS switch?

I'm running CatOS on 2948 and 6500 switches. Trying to set up modem access to their console ports, but I didn't see how to configure console or aux in CatOS documents. Can someone provide your experience?

I also have 6509 running CatOS on the Sup and IOS on the MSFC. If I configure in IOS for console dial in, will I get the Sup first or the MSFC first when I dial in to the console?

Thanks a lot

Gary

3 REPLIES
Purple

Re: How to configure console dialin for a CatOS switch?

I don't believe there is much you have to do , just setup your modem for whatever security you are using , modem password etcc.. and make sure you have a console password setup if you are going to use dialin.Dialup to a hybrid will take you to the l2 supervisor when you dialin . Also set a logout time on the l2 supervisor so that it will log you out after a specified time .

Community Member

The problem is when in CatOS, I don't see what you normally see on a router IOS like the following:

line con 0

line aux 0

line vty 0 4

So I don't know where to configure a line for modem dial in or out. I didn't find information in Cisco CatOS documents either.

Any suggestions?

Community Member

See the document on CCO:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps679/products_tech_note09186a0080094b30.shtml

If your modem is set up for 9600,n,8,1 and hardware flow control disabled, you should get a "console" session (if your cable is sound)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content