Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure VMS to manage keys in pre-shared key policy

ammart
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

We are using site to site VPN between Cisco 3700 Routers. the sites has GRE tunnels and it is encrypted using IPSEC, the IKE authentication method is pre-shared keys

We are looking for VMS to allow us to manage the pre-shared keys (for example allow us to change all the keys on all our Routers quarterly without the need to log on each router and issue CLI commands).

My question is:

Did anyone implemented VMS for this purpose before, can it manage the keys in the way described above?

Appreciate your help

Regards

Ammar

3 Replies 3

vidhya
Level 1
Level 1

Using the Management Center for VPN Routers in the VMS bundle, you can configure and deploy the preshared keys to the routers

Hi,

If it is possible , then how we do it. I am stuck on that. Would you suggest a procedure or url that would guide us how to do that,

REgards

Syed

Heres the URL :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps3994/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00800e45ce.html#1029367

However,I suggest you go thru the complete user guide to understand how to use Management Center for VPN Routers.

HTH,

Vidhya

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: