Views
Helpful
Replies

How to correct a BGP config mistake

dan_track
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm about to go live with a new bgp setting. What I would like to know is if things go wrong what can I do to fall back to my original settings? IS it simply a case of putting a "no" in fron tof my config line and that will revert it back to its original settings, or do I need to backup my bgp table?

This may be a simple question, but I'm just trying to gather information to minimise any risk.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Dan,

Sorry for the delay reply, as I've been a way.

Exactly, this is the sequence of the commands, as follows:

1- router#conf t

2- router(conf)#router bgp

3- router(conf-router)#network x.x.x.x mask x.x.x.x

4- router(conf-router)#neighbor x.x.x.x remote-as x

5- router(conf-router)neighbor x.x.x.x update-source (interface).

So, I meant the Sequence of the commands, and when u Issue the command (no router bgp ), then configuration on 3,4,5 will be removed.

pls rate the post if it helps.

Mohamed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Dan,

If I would have been in your place I will first do the wr mem with the existing config take the backup of my complete startup config.

So that by any chance if anything goes wrong with my changes I can just copy the old startup config to my router.

HTH, if yes please rate the post.

Ankur

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Dan,

I think u should backup all BGP config before doing the changes, however, when u issue the command (no router bgp ) all the config under conf-router-bgp) will be removed, but only the config that applied on the global config mode remains.

Anyways to eleminate any risk factor, u backup all ur bgp config.

thanks

Hi

Thanks for the advice. So can I be confident that to resolve the bgp issue all I need to do is backup the running config.

Just for clarification what is "conf-router-bgp", is that a sequence of commands?

Thanks All

Dan

Hi Dan,

Sorry for the delay reply, as I've been a way.

Exactly, this is the sequence of the commands, as follows:

1- router#conf t

2- router(conf)#router bgp

3- router(conf-router)#network x.x.x.x mask x.x.x.x

4- router(conf-router)#neighbor x.x.x.x remote-as x

5- router(conf-router)neighbor x.x.x.x update-source (interface).

So, I meant the Sequence of the commands, and when u Issue the command (no router bgp ), then configuration on 3,4,5 will be removed.

pls rate the post if it helps.

Mohamed.