Views
Helpful
Replies

How to disable another B channel while using only one in router

iamsong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

For costing-prohibitive purpose,I wanna disable another B channel while using only one in router.But I can't make it work.

I removed "dialer load-threshold" and added "bandwidth 64" in interface Bri,but 2 B channels are still up sometimes.Can anyone give help?Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

iamsong

3 Replies 3

ali-franks
Level 1
Level 1

Have you removed ppp multilink statements from the interface and dialers( if any)?

mljohnson
Level 4
Level 4

There are 2 things you want to prevent: dialing out a second time, and receiving a second incoming call. There are different ways to accomplish this.

To prevent dialout, simply do not configure "dialer load-threshold"; you can also leave out "ppp multilink", although it's the load-threshold that really triggers the dialing.

For dialin, if you don't want the remote to be able to initiate a call to you, you can configure "isdn reject data" which will cause us to reject ALL incoming data calls.

If you want the remote to be able to bring up at least one B channel, and you are using local authentication, you could configure "username foo user-maxlinks 1 password bar" to limit the connections. If you are using AAA, you can similarly restrict the number of connections via AAA.

You could also use dialer profiles, and specify a max-call of 1 for the dialer pool.

Thanks for your instructions.I wanna konw:

in your ideas for dialin,whether the command "isdn reject data" will prevent any channels dialin ,even 1 B channel initialized from remote site? My practice is like this:

Two sites connected via ISDN for data exchange sometimes,only one channel is allowed to up at the same time wherever it's initialized from local or remote.Is there any comments on this?Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

iamsong

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: