cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to find 3750 stack ID from console connection ?

ssilk
Level 1
Level 1

Given that you can connect the console to any stack member & be presented with the CLI for the stack, how do you find out which member you are actually connected to ? (I have r-telnet access only to each stack member console port in a new installation and want to ensure ids are assigned as required)

The only way I have been able to get this information is to logoff the console connection and look at the con0 disconnect message as it reveals the switch name and id number (switchname-switchid). Where no -switchid is reported this is the current master.

Is there a more elegant way to show this information ?

6 Replies 6

redondo
Level 1
Level 1

sh cluster-member?

The 3750 stack is not a cluster (like with 3550). Show cluster member in this enviroment reports nothing.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately this command does no tell you which stack member console port you are connected to.

I'm not using 3750s in my network, but:

What does the * in the beginning of the output line

*8 Master 0003.e31a.1200 1 Ready

mean?

I thougth it might be showing the stack member you were connected to.

Regards,

Milan

Darthkim_2
Level 1
Level 1

By default, i think when you connect to any console port on a 3750 (connected through stackwise), you get the master console.

To switch to different stack members, user the command 'sessions #" with the # being which switch in the stack you want to access to. You should see your connection change to 'switchname-#' with # being whichever stack member you connected to.

hope this makes sense. For reference, here is the link on managing a stack

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801f6149.html