cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get clustering with two 3640?

jmcandelera
Level 1
Level 1

We are giving access to our customers through 2 CISCO 3640, each CISCO has 2 PRI ISDN interfaces . Behind these routers we have a FW over a Sun workstation. Our telco has configured the PRI numbers with 'load balancing' this means that every call goes to a different PRI , then we must work with a dynamic routes. I've configured RIP in routers and the objective is to update the firewall's route table periodically. IP's range customers are 172.24.0.0 , but in our lab the fw workstation always gets this route :

route 172.24.0.0 gateway ROUTER A ; then, if a 172.24.56.3 customer connects by the ROUTER B the firewall haven´t got the correct route!!!

-------

| |

| | Web Server

| |

-------

|

|

|

---------------------- 10.202.112 DMZ

|

|

|

|

------

| | Sun Solaris 5.8

| | Firewall Check Point v4.1

------

|

|

| |

| |

| |

-------- --------

| |CISCO | |CISCO

| A |3640 | B |3640

| | | |

-------- --------

| | | |

| | | |

PRI1 PRI2 PRI3 PRI4

Could you help me please?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

wdrootz
Level 4
Level 4

It looks like routing is working normally on the 3600’s but Checkpoint isn’t grabbing the updates frequently. Have you considered using IOS Firewall on the routers to replace the checkpoint box?

Thank you very much for your advice. It would be a good solution but there are a lot of scenarios where CHECKPOINT was installed before CISCO and it is necessary that they work together. That is my situation.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel López

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco