cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to give full bandwidth for a single FTP session...

ashok_boin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi all,

I have been working in a service provider organization. We are having multiple backbone satellite and fiber upstream providers and running BGP with all of them. I am effectively utilizing all backbones both inbound and outbound through BGP policies. I want to give service differentiation to my customers according to their bandwidth like good performance for 1Mbps compare to 512 kbps i.e mainly for inbound. Whenever 1Mbps customer is trying to put a download, it's going peak to around 250Kbps for a session. How can i give him full bandwidth for a single session(please assume there are no constraints in between anywhere). And will BGP QoS policy propagation help in this case?

Thanks in advance...

Best regards...

Ashok Kumar B

With best regards...
Ashok
3 Replies 3

abahl
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings!

I think you can do priority queuing in which you can define FTP traffic as highest priority traffic.

Cordially,

Anuj

Frederic Vanderbecq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Priority-queueing or CBWFQ would allow you to give the prirority to specific traffic for instance. Though, keep in mind that the TCP throughput you will measure will also depend on the TCP parameters of the 2 stations. Indeed, you will get approximately one bytes transmitted per round-trip-time.

Hi,

Ok, i got it. But i think it's not recommendable for PQ in a Service provider network because other customers will be drastically effected. And one more thing, is there any method or tool to measure the TCP window size at both stations and to set window size manually.

Thanks in advance...

Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok