Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to implement Access List on Layer3 Switch ?

Hi Friends,

I work with one ISP and I want to Provide Internet connection to my customers from 2948G-L3 Switch. I will provide one static IP address to the customer. Now my question is that how I will limit my customer from changing the IP address ?. Please note that Access List is not supported on FastEthernet port of this switch. Do any of you have any idea ? Please help me out.

Thanks

Sebastian

1 REPLY

Re: How to implement Access List on Layer3 Switch ?

swicthes by definition are layer two devices, hence wont understand ACL's. BUT alayer 3 switch, lets say a switch with a RSM, will understand ACL' provide they are applied to the VLAN interfaces on the RSM.

I dont understand how you are applyin connectivity to your customer, but maybe you can put that customer into a VLAn, say VLAN2, and then configure ACL on the interface for VLAN1 on the RSM, so that you have a ACL in place betwwen routing between the

VLAN2 and the VLAN1, which I am assuming connects to the internet router.

You can apply ACL's directly on switch ports, sa they basically function based on MAC"S and not on IP addreses.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content