Views
Helpful
Replies

How to keep an SVI up up?

stevezups
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have an ME2400 running private VLANs. The primary VLAN is 20 and the secondary VLAN's are 21 and 22. Currently, management traffic is still on VLAN 1. My question is now that the ME2400 does not have anything plugged into vlan 1; the line protocol goes down, which means that I can no alonger access the switch remotely. Is it possible to keep a SVI up up even though nothing is plugged into that VLAN? If so, how do I go about doing this?

Thanks,

Stevan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

SVI, is a logical interface but even so it need a physical interface associated to that SVI to be connected otherwise it will be down. One thing you can do is to include that vlan in a connected trunk port that should keep that interface vlan up.

Please rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

SVI, is a logical interface but even so it need a physical interface associated to that SVI to be connected otherwise it will be down. One thing you can do is to include that vlan in a connected trunk port that should keep that interface vlan up.

Please rate helpful posts.

Correct Answer.

thanks for the support.

CCIE 37523
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: