Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How to make NVRAM ReadOnly?

Hi

Can someone tell me how to make NVRAM Read Only, please? When NVRAM is Read Only, if someone types 'copy run start' command, it will not save any new configuration to the router and remove the existing configuration. Also I believe when NVRAM is Read Only, no one can type 'erase start' and erase the startup-config. Also no one actually can upload a configuration file and change the existing configuration.

Thanks!!!

Omal

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: How to make NVRAM ReadOnly?

There's no provision to make NVRAM read only, but

you can assign privilege levels to restrict what a user can do. See "How to Assign Privilege Levels with TACACS+ and RADIUS" http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/480/PRIV.html

Hi josrankin

You are quite right. That was exactly the thing that I was refering to. It's just that I really didn't know how to ask that question. Now I know that it's giving priviledge levels. But I'm sorry I could not go to the Link that you have given as I am not a Cisco customer and therefore I don't have a user name and a password. I tried loging in from my Cisco ID and the password, but didn't work.

By any chance is there any other links that you know that I can go with regard to this, please.

Thank a lot!

Best regards

Omal

Bronze

Hi Joseph

Thank you very much for your answer. You have given the correct answer for that, but unfortunately I guess it's too early for me to try that out as I still don't know about TACAS + RADIUS configuration.

I can definitely try this out when I get to know about them.

I just have one more question to you, if you don't mind. Will TACAS and RADIUS be covered in CCNP Remote Access exam?

Thank you very much!

Omal.

Views
Helpful
Replies