cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to modify timezone settings on CW2k?

tamas.halmai
Level 1
Level 1

Could someone give me an advise how to modify the timezone settings on a CW2k server. I am running CW2k on Solaris....

The changes I have made so far are as follows:

- Configured timezone on Cisco IOS devices to GMT

- Updated /etc/TIMEZONE file (it contains TZ=GMT environment setting).

- After this change the server has been reloaded

Unfortunately I am still getting bad timestamps on the syslog reports. It shows BST instead of GMT, even though the /var/log/syslog_info file contains the correct info.

Thanks,

Tamas Halmai

2 Replies 2

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Have a look at the following tech tip and the section 'How to Correct Syslog Timestamp' at: http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/RME/rme_syslog.html

Thanks for this reference. Unfortunately it could not solve my problem, but as it seems at least allowed me to identify the source of my problem.

Actually IOS devices are sending the syslog messages with properly formated timestamp and the syslog analyzer can extract the right timing info:

/var/log/syslog_info file received the following event:

May 29 12:21:19 Test-Router 57: May 29 12:21:18.842 GMT: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by user1 on vty0 (192.168.100.101)

The syslog analyzer proces constructs the following data structure:

SyslogAnalyzer- Wed May 29 13:21:22 GMT+01:00 2002 2 *convertSlgMsgData, Value of slgmsgdata = struct com.cisco.nm.syslo

ga.idl.slgmsg.SlgMsgData {

java.lang.String timestamp="2002-5-29 12:21:18.0",

int deviceId=0,

java.lang.String hostname="Test-Router",

java.lang.String ipAddrList="192.168.255.1",

java.lang.String facility="SYS",

java.lang.String subFacility="",

java.lang.String severity="5",

java.lang.String mnemonic="CONFIG_I",

java.lang.String description="Configured from console by user1 on vty0 (192.168.100.101)"

}

However on the RME Syslog ouput the timestamp gets adjusted by +1 hour and the time zone info is BST (BTW do you know what BST does stand for?) instead of GMT:

Test-Router 29 May 2002 13:21:18 BST SYS 5 CONFIG_I Configured from console by user...

At the bottom of "Sa.properties file" I found a reference to the time zone settings:

#Country code. Uncomment the line below and update it with

#the right country code for proper timezone conversion in Syslog

#COUNTRY=USA

I wonder this is the right pleace to specify my timetimezone format and if yes what country code shall I use. Unfortunately none of my tries were successful, so far. Can you please advice...

Thanks,

Tamas Halmai

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: