Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

How to prioritize voice traffics on 3500 series XL switches?

Does anyone know of a good documentation on how to configure the 3500 XL series switches for voice traffics prioritization? Would appreciate the info. Thanks.

JD

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: How to prioritize voice traffics on 3500 series XL switches?

Community Member

Re: How to prioritize voice traffics on 3500 series XL switches?

Thanks for the info. I got some good documents that i can follow up.

I still have one more question perhaps you can help me with this one also.

I have a 6000 series multilayer switch with multiple gigabit ethernet interfaces (say a total of 3 ports: port A, B, and C). Each gigabit interface is connected to a 3500 series XL switch which in turn services a different location (say gigabit port A is connected to the 3500 XL switch A, port B to switch B, and port C to switch C). My voice traffics travel from the end node through the 3500 XL switch to the 6000 series switch arriving on one of the gigabit ports and out on one of the other two ports depending on its destination. For example, voice packets travel from the end node to the 3500 XL switch A and arrive at port A on the 6000 series switch. The packets then leave port A and enter port B on the 6000 series switch to arrive at the 3500 XL switch B.

So my question is that i configure the ports A-C on the 6000 series switch as the ingress ports. So which ports do i configure as the egress ports? Can i configure ports A-C as both the ingress and egress ports as far as voice traffics marking, queuing, and policing are concerned? Thanks for your answers.

Johnny

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content