Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

how to remove ports from channel group on 6500

I have the following config binding 4 ports into a channel group.

set port channel 4/1-2,5/1-2 137

set trunk 4/1 on isl 1-1005

set trunk 4/2 on isl 1-1005

set port channel 4/1-2 mode on

!

set trunk 5/1 on isl 1-1005

set trunk 5/2 on isl 1-1005

set port channel 5/1-2 mode on

We only used two of the ports for the channel,4/1 and 5/1. When we changed 4/2 and 5/2 to vlans and plugged in a host a lot of other hosts lost contact. I cant say it broke the channel because I was able to telnet to the switch through the channel but many hosts on the switch could not be reached.

I want to remove ports 4/2 and 5/2 from the channel group but I am not sure if there a way to remove ports from a channel group without bouncing the channel. Can anyone help?

2 REPLIES

Re: how to remove ports from channel group on 6500

I believe it is set port channel 4/2 mode off and the same for 5/2. However, this WILL bounce the channel.

Hope this helps,

Burleyman

Re: how to remove ports from channel group on 6500

Whenever you have a group of ports working as an etherchannel, whatever configuration change you make to one port in the channel, affects ALL ports in the channel. Thus, when you changed the configuration of ports 4/2 & 5/2.. you inadvertently changed the ports of 4/1 & 5/1. To remove 4/2 & 5/2 from the group.. do this.

set port channel 4/1,5/1 137

set trunk 4/1 on isl 1-1005

set port channel 4/1 mode on

set trunk 5/1 on isl 1-1005

set port channel 5/1 mode on

This should work..

- Matt

Views
Helpful
Replies