Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to save date time in Cisco Router?

I set the date and clock time on my Cisco router using "clock set" command then use "wr me" to save it, but the date and clock time back to 00:00:00 1 march 1993 everytime I reboot the router. Why? Any way to save the date and clock setting?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: How to save date time in Cisco Router?

In most low-end routers, you cannot save the clock setting changes that you have made because there's no internal battery. Typically, it works on high-end routers, like the Cisco 7200 series, and switches, like the Catalyst 6500 series.

(See the 'Caution' section of the link below)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns110/ns5/ns7/ns18/networking_solutions_design_guide_chapter09186a00800bcd05.html#xtocid6

HTH.

Hi,

Does anyone know where to find out on CCO which products have an internal battery ?

As usual with CCO, such basic useful information appears impossible to find.

Thanks,

Paul.

I have the same issue with my 806 and to work around that I just setup the clock to sync to an NTP server that way I do not have to worry about the clock being off anymore

dont try to configure the set clock command because when you will reboot the router it will be lost. I think the best way is to configure :

sntp server (ip address ) ver (?)

and : clock timezone xxx

few ntp servers i know: 204.123.2.72 ver 3

131.188.34.75 ver 3

131.188.34.45 ver 3

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content