cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set higher idle-timeout for all virtual-profiles?

wagnerch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have one ISDN primary interface with dialer-profiles and also virtual-profiles configured using the same physical interface.

router(config)#int s1/0:15

router(config-if)#dialer pool 1

router(config-if)#dialer idle-timeout 1800

%Remove Dialer Profile Configuration first

On the dialer profiles I can enter the "dialer idle-timeout 1800" and this overwrites the physical interface default setting of 120.

But I would like a higher value for all virtual-profiles (without defining a parameter on the tacacs-server for each profile separately)

Is there any way to configure this (maybe on the virtual-template)?

Regards,

Chris

2 Replies 2

dbellazetin
Level 4
Level 4

Chris,

You can do this on virtual templates. The two commands that you are looking for is "ip idle-group" which defines interesting traffic with an access-list and "ppp timeout idle". Heres a link that describes this feature. It is a 12.2T enhancement.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide09186a0080087c43.html

Daniel

I already tried "ppp timeout idle" on the "virtual-template" but I have the problem, that this setting does not overwrite the dialer-idletimout setting on the physical interface where the idletimout-parameter is not changeable if the interface is configured for dialer-profiles.

As soon as the physical default dialer-idletimeout is reached the connection is closed.

Setting the idletimeout on the tacacs is the only thing I found which overwrites also the physical setting.

Regards,

Chris