cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set higher idle-timeout for all virtual-profiles?

wagnerch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have one ISDN primary interface with dialer-profiles and also virtual-profiles configured using the same physical interface.

router(config)#int s1/0:15

router(config-if)#dialer pool 1

router(config-if)#dialer idle-timeout 1800

%Remove Dialer Profile Configuration first

On the dialer profiles I can enter the "dialer idle-timeout 1800" and this overwrites the physical interface default setting of 120.

But I would like a higher value for all virtual-profiles (without defining a parameter on the tacacs-server for each profile separately)

Is there any way to configure this (maybe on the virtual-template)?

Regards,

Chris

2 Replies 2

dbellazetin
Level 4
Level 4

Chris,

You can do this on virtual templates. The two commands that you are looking for is "ip idle-group" which defines interesting traffic with an access-list and "ppp timeout idle". Heres a link that describes this feature. It is a 12.2T enhancement.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide09186a0080087c43.html

Daniel

I already tried "ppp timeout idle" on the "virtual-template" but I have the problem, that this setting does not overwrite the dialer-idletimout setting on the physical interface where the idletimout-parameter is not changeable if the interface is configured for dialer-profiles.

As soon as the physical default dialer-idletimeout is reached the connection is closed.

Setting the idletimeout on the tacacs is the only thing I found which overwrites also the physical setting.

Regards,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: