Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

How to set outbound check of netflow?

The cisco router can be set by interface serial # ip route-cache flow to monitor the traffic by protocol. but from the gathered information, only traffic inbound to this interface has been traced. how to trace the traffic outbound from this interface?

Have tried the other method, like set on other interfaces (other serial and ethernet ports), but it is complex mixed with other traffic which has no relationship to the target serial #.

Appreciate if someone could provide a solution.

2 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: How to set outbound check of netflow?

Hi,

I think that the "ip route-chache flow" command collects the statistics for the inbound traffic only, that is this collects statstics for all the packets that are fast switched from this interface.

I am not sure if the "IP accounting " command can do this. Can anyone give more information.

Please take alook at this page:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1831/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800ca6cc.html

Hope this helps!

Anonymous
N/A

Re: How to set outbound check of netflow?

I have the same problem. I thought of the same solution enable on all the interface and filter the output i.e. all the traffic which has incoming and outgoing interface as the interface that we are looking for.

But unable to find incoming outgoing interface fields in the netflow output. does anyone have a way out for this.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content