Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How to stop broadcast traffic on certain port on 3560G ?

Hi mates :)

On the 3560G with enhanced image;

I dont want broadcast traffic to pass on one of the PC's within the network. The PC must be in the same network, It needs to transmit/recieve all the traffic but broadcast traffic.

I know I can seperate broadcast domains with VLANs but looking for other alternatives.

what would you advice me as a solution?

I'll appreciate all answers,

Tx for helping :)

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: How to stop broadcast traffic on certain port on 3560G ?

Hi,

There's no way to block egress broadcast on a switchport. I'm not sure what kind of host is connected, but if you did block all broadcast traffic to and from a device, it would not be able to send ARP requests, or respond to them, and would cause connectivity problems.

Here's a doc that details what is available as far as port based traffic control:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3560/12225see/scg/swtrafc.htm

HTH,

Bobby

*Please rate helpful posts.

Re: How to stop broadcast traffic on certain port on 3560G ?

thanks Bob.

as far as I understand, we can control broadcast traffic with configuring broadcast storm option on the ports. This way we wouldnt prevent arp request while we stop unwanted broadcast traffic.

tx pal.

Views
Helpful
Replies