Views
Helpful
Replies

How to stop CW2K-LMS ANI server from discovering routers and passing to RME

moorera
Level 1
Level 1

Howdy,

Due to load on the serer and how our networking departments are split at my company I separated the RWAN package from the LMS package onto different servers.

I have the ANI serer running on the LMS server and all is well. I have the ANI server to not jump router boudaries and I have put in the a list of WAN-side addresses not to discover.

My problem is of course that ANI discovers the routers on via their LAN-Side address, and then transfers that information with any new switches to the RME database. My ultimate goal would to have ANI discover all Cisco Devices so that information could be used in the Layer-2 maps and such, but only report switches to RME and leave the routers out of it.

Anybody had any sucess in doing something like this or suggestions on how to accomplish this? Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
5 Replies 5

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

There isn't any filter in the Device Sync for RME to specify certain devices not to get sync with RME db. You'll first have to prevent the discovery in ANI before sync'in them over.

You are very active on this forum and have helped me a few times now, thank you. Getting to the question again, I guess I will have to create an exception list that blocks all IPs associated with all deployed routers? That would stop the ANI would it not?

Correct.

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

one idea which might work (but not tested):

Try to disable Bulk synchonization from ANI to RME.

If you enable ANI to synchronize to Essentials only incrementally, only new devices will be sent to RME.

If you delete all the routers in RME database they should remain deleted.

This might work the way every router is sent from ANI to RME once after discovered, deleted manually and remains deleted in RME database.

But I'm not sure if Bulk synchronization is not run automatically after CiscoWorks server restart, e.g.

Regards,

Milan

Good Idea. I'll give it a try and let you know how I make out.

Thanks

Randy