Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

How to turn off caller-id? (European ISDN PRI)

Hi,

does anyone know if (how) it is possible to turn off the sending of the calling number on a cisco (3600) connected to an ISDN PRI?

The switch-type is primary-net5.

I know about the command "isdn calling-number <number>" but there I have to fill in a number and I don't want any number to be sent...

I also tried prefixing the dialer string with codes like *31# but that does not seem to work... any suggestions?

tia

Herbert

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: How to turn off caller-id? (European ISDN PRI)

I don't think that you can configure the router to turn off that (unless somebody else have any more ideas) You need to talk to telco people to supress that while it pass the telco switch.

Bronze

Re: How to turn off caller-id? (European ISDN PRI)

I know that one can ask the telco to suppress CLI permanently, but I was looking for a way to suppress it on a per-call basis.

I know that on an ISDN BRI or GSM (mobile) phone, you can prefix the dialled number with a code like *31# or something similar to prevent your number being shown, so I thought this should also be possible on a PRI... of course the first thing I tried was prepending those codes but that doesn't work.

BTW, I did ask the telco but they haven't answered me yet...

tnx

Herbert

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content