cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to upload image file to C2950 switch?

ahpark78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the .bin file with me already but how can I upload the file to the switch??

thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Friend,

I will recommend you to go for solar wind as i always find it perfect for big images even.

You can download that from this link

http://www.solarwinds.net/Tools/Free_tools/TFTP_Server/download.htm

HTH, if yes please rate the post.

Ankur

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

romccallum
Level 4
Level 4

There are two answers to that question.

1. You have the image on your laptop i guess. Plug your laptop into the switch in vlan 1. Give vlan 1 an ip address. Give your laptop an ip address within the same range of vlan 1. Run a tftp server on your laptop. make sure the file is in the same directory as your tftp server is configured for. On switch do copy tftp: flash:

type in your laptops ip address. Type in the name of the file and press return. Job done. Once the image is on then you need a boot system flash:(file name) in the running congig.

Answer number 2.

2. Go to www.cisco.com and do a search on tftp image.

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Friend,

Here you go with the link which will guide you with step by step instructions to upgrade image on 2950 swith

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_configuration_example09186a0080169627.shtml#configure2

Ankur

Ankur!

You have always been a great help !:D

Nice information, but wat is the good tftp server software that i can download from internet? ANy recommendation because I don't wanna get those "spyware" software to be installed in my company's laptop..

Will rate your post later ya..

thks,

Hi Friend,

I will recommend you to go for solar wind as i always find it perfect for big images even.

You can download that from this link

http://www.solarwinds.net/Tools/Free_tools/TFTP_Server/download.htm

Ankur

do a search for 3com tftp server mate - its the best one if used i thinks its called 3cdaemon.

Okay,Thanks guys!

2 for Romcallum and 4 for Ankur! :D

Sorry guys..:(

I need to re-open this case because I can't copy the image out from the switch to my PC's configure tftp server.

I manage to Ping from my PC to the VLAN1 which i have configure the ip add and subnet mask same like my PC segment. But I could not ping from my switch to the PC.

Please help. thanks.!

Hi Friend,

Is it wondows xp machine if yes please check if default firewall is enabled or if you have installed any firewall on your machine?

Regards,

Ankur

Hi Friend,

Is it wondows xp machine if yes please check if default firewall is enabled or if you have installed any firewall on your machine?

Regards,

Ankur

Ankur,

I have checked the firewall is not turned on.

Is a windows XP machine..To confirm the pinging status, I have tried to ping from other machines and it successful.

thanks.

Hi Friend,

I hope you must have checked evrything but just want to recheck it.

The port to whic hyou machine is connected is on vlan 1 only right. Can you paste the config just for the port.

make sure you have

"switchport mode access"

If possible please paste the "sh run" from switch?

Regards,

Ankur

Hi Ankur,

I really want to apologise on my carelessness which i mistaken another cable for tis connection..:D

(DUE to too many cables under my desk for network testing purposes..heheeee......) :D

the ping test is now okay..and the flash file can be pumped in to switches and vice-versa.

thanks again..the case is now really closed.. :)

Hi Ankur,

I really want to apologise on my carelessness which i mistaken another cable for tis connection..:D

(DUE to too many cables under my desk for network testing purposes..heheeee......) :D

the ping test is now okay..and the flash file can be pumped in to switches and vice-versa.

thanks again..the case is now really closed.. :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: