cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to upload image for msfc

kendo.igor
Level 1
Level 1

I'm working on a catalyst 6500. I can not session into msfc because the router image is corrupted and I get dumped into rommon mode. How can I upload a good image to be used by MSFC. In rommom mode I can only do it using xmodem which takes a long time. The switch console is fully operational. Is there a way to upload the MSFC image to bootflash some other way.

Thanx

4 Replies 4

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If it's an MSFC2, you can boot from PCMCIA card. If it's a regular MSFC, you'll need to XMODEM. Use a bootloader file which is about 1.5 M..You should be done in 15-20 minutes at 38400 or 57600

How do I boot for PCMCIA?

Provided you have the bootloader in the MSFC2 bootflash, you can boot from slot0:. If not XMODEM is the only option. Also the best practice is to always boot from MSFC bootflash and not slot0:. Here is an example...

rommon 1 > boot sup-slot0:c6msfc2-jsv-mz.121-11b.E4

Self decompressing the image : ###################################################################################################################################### [OK]

Loading slot0:c6msfc2-jsv-mz.121-11b.E4 .from 127.0.0.11 (via EOBC0/0): !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bsivasub
Level 4
Level 4

The below URL should help you

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/124.html