Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to upload image for msfc

I'm working on a catalyst 6500. I can not session into msfc because the router image is corrupted and I get dumped into rommon mode. How can I upload a good image to be used by MSFC. In rommom mode I can only do it using xmodem which takes a long time. The switch console is fully operational. Is there a way to upload the MSFC image to bootflash some other way.

Thanx

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: How to upload image for msfc

If it's an MSFC2, you can boot from PCMCIA card. If it's a regular MSFC, you'll need to XMODEM. Use a bootloader file which is about 1.5 M..You should be done in 15-20 minutes at 38400 or 57600

How do I boot for PCMCIA?

Cisco Employee

Provided you have the bootloader in the MSFC2 bootflash, you can boot from slot0:. If not XMODEM is the only option. Also the best practice is to always boot from MSFC bootflash and not slot0:. Here is an example...

rommon 1 > boot sup-slot0:c6msfc2-jsv-mz.121-11b.E4

Self decompressing the image : ###################################################################################################################################### [OK]

Loading slot0:c6msfc2-jsv-mz.121-11b.E4 .from 127.0.0.11 (via EOBC0/0): !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The below URL should help you

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/124.html

Views
Helpful
Replies