Views
Helpful
Replies

How to utilize entire bandwidth

sagia
Level 1
Level 1

dear engineers,

i have two 2 mb lines connected to a single 2600 router and iam using CEF per packet to do load balancing. it works fine. but all what i get is 40 percent utilization on both links, when i do a huge data transfer. why it can't reach to 100% or 90+..? also i am not getting full bandwidth on both links.

how can i make sure that i am getting 2 mb on each interface..? also how can i utilize maximum bandwidth...?

is there any tool which will show you the current utlization and bandwidth consumed..? (Not MRTG.. it will show you only % utliization)..

Awaiting you help

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

To ensure that u r getting 2Mbps on each LL u better can shut one interface at a time and try transfering data .for the second link also u can try the same .If the links r gettin connected to a ISP then r u aware of the rate limit being used there in their end ??

regds

sprem

Hi

You can set the load interval to 30 seconds and observe the link utilization in term on number of packet( in bits) across the interface you wish to observe every 30 seconds. Default value is 5 minutes.

Hope this helps you !

regards,

Pradeep

neild
Level 1
Level 1

I don't wether its still available since HP got involved but Compaq have a great SNMP based tool call Compaq Network Management Software (CNMS) which I use a lot to get real time performance stats. This is a free downloadable tool.

Compaq file you need to download is sp10681.exe