cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to verify the name resolution for devices on RME server?

closey
Level 1
Level 1

When I added images in RME,errors ocurred,the message is"

Device Error: Device initialization failed.

Problem Cause: Device cannot be reached via SNMP.

Recommended Action: Verify connectivity to the device using ping. Verify the name resolution for the device on the Resource Manager Essentials server. Verify that read-write community strings match in the device and in the Resource Manager Essentials database, then retry the operation."

I want to know how to verify the name resolution for devices on RME server,Thanks!

4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

You can use the nslookup on your RME server to verify that the device name resiolution is working in both forward and reverse.

But can I do it on the web interface or command line?I can't find the command in either.please describe the mathod in details,Thanks!

You need to use nslookup from the command line (CLI)

You can use the CW Web interface to do it. Go to Server Configuration -> Diagnostics -> Connectivity Tools -> NSLookup. Enter in the hostname you are trying to enter and see if there is a DNS entry for it.

However, the results are the same as the CLI and the CLI is probably faster to use.

-Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: