Views
Helpful
Replies

HP 6600 connected to Cisco 3750

miczellcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a new hp 6600-24XG 10gb switch. I would like to connect it to an existing cisco 3750 core switch so the hp will see the network. Is it possiblle to connent one of the 10 gig ports to the 3750's one gig port and set the speed to one gig?

Would I have to buy a module for one or the other of will this just now work?

I appreciate any feedback.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

darren.g
Level 5
Level 5

miczellcisco wrote:

Hello,

I have a new hp 6600-24XG 10gb switch. I would like to connect it to an existing cisco 3750 core switch so the hp will see the network. Is it possiblle to connent one of the 10 gig ports to the 3750's one gig port and set the speed to one gig?

Thank you

According to HP's product page, the ports in that switch are 10 GbE only - so no you can't connect to it at one gig.

You could buy a 10 gig module for your 3750 switch - a C3KX-NM-10G (SFP), C3KX-NM-10GT (Copper) or C3KX-SM-10G (SFP with advanced features like Netflow), install it and use that to link to your HP switch.

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

darren.g
Level 5
Level 5

miczellcisco wrote:

Hello,

Thank you

According to HP's product page, the ports in that switch are 10 GbE only - so no you can't connect to it at one gig.

You could buy a 10 gig module for your 3750 switch - a C3KX-NM-10G (SFP), C3KX-NM-10GT (Copper) or C3KX-SM-10G (SFP with advanced features like Netflow), install it and use that to link to your HP switch.

Cheers

Thanks. I did not think about that as I was not sure they were available. I will go that route.

miczellcisco wrote:

Thanks. I did not think about that as I was not sure they were available. I will go that route.

No worries. Glad to help.

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: