cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HRSP route to WebInspector

jamking21
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 6513 routers running HSRP, and I have one WebInspector Box that has to look at all traffic coming in/out of location. Each router are located in different part of the complex, yet I have to make all traffic go thur that one url inspection tool. Is there an easier way to route traffic without MAC filtering?

4 Replies 4

leonvd79
Level 4
Level 4

jamking21,

you are running hsrp, the traffic goes to the active gateway that connects to your WebInspector host. the standby gateway has no connection to the WebInspector host, so traffic is not filtered/inspected.

what lies behind the hsrp routers? does the standby router connect to another network/isp then the active gateway?

and what do you mean with "an easier way to route traffic without mac filtering"?

But in case of failure, would we have to manually reconnect the url filter? We are also trying to do load balancing across both routers. That would mean we need WI to work on both routers at the same time. I have a diagram showing what we are trying to do. I use the term mac filtering to stop traffic from one router to another not to cause a loop.

nayyarhak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

from you diagram;

Where is the traffic that must pass WebIns. originating from ?

rgds

nyr

Right now it coming from the foundry devices(users). But we are relocating it either parallel with the 6513's or somewhere on the inside interface of both FWSM. Remember Not only hsrp but load balancing of traffic from the isp and out of location.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: