Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

HSRP and Tracking

I'm stumped as to what to track for this given situation:

What interface should I track for the INSIDE ROUTER A & INSIDE ROUTER B in the event that if OUTSIDE ROUTER D loses the WAN link?

What would be best practice in this situation?

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: HSRP and Tracking

have hsrp track interface G/0.

this will provide for HSRP 'failover' in the event that one of the firewall links becomes unavailable.

not sure the insideRouters can 'hsrp track' an interface of another router...especially one 2 hops away. the best you can do is track the G0 to the firewalls from internal and track the WAN interfaces from external HSRP.

Hmm in this situation, is there any way I can perform redundancy in the event that OUTSIDE ROUTER D fails, not the actual wan link.

If the wan link on OUTSIDE goes down then HSRP kicks in.

If the Firewall goes down, HSRP will kick in on the INSIDE ROUTERS.

If ROUTER D fails, what can I do about it ?

Not sure if this is what you are wanting but I think you can check availability of router D from the inside routers using the IP SLAs IP Host Tracking in Enhanced Object Tracking. (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008042fbeb.html)

Views
Helpful
Replies