Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSRP and VLANS

I have two routers 2600 in HSRP mode that are connected to 3 VSAT gateways (inside the same subnet), both, routers and gtw, are joined using a trasnparent swith (Cat2950)and they work fine.

Now, we need to implement vlans on that switch and segment the 3 VSAT gateways

(different subnet to everyone).

Both 2600 have only one Feth.

I´m thinking to use Feth subinterface on they but what about HSRP feature?

The idea behind the vlan segmentation is in order to deny icmp traffic to all VSAT and only permit it to only one VSAT gateway ( the management vlan).

I need some kind of configuration support

Kind regars,

Christian

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: HSRP and VLANS

Christian

I assume that what you are planning to do includes configuring VLANs on the 2950 (one for each VSAT gateway and one for management VLAN of the switch), assigning ports of gateways to the appropriate VLAN, and configuring the port that connects to the 2600 as a trunk and making sure that the trunk carries all the VLANs.

Then what you will need to do on the 2600s is to configure the FastEthernet as a trunk with 4 subintefaces (one for the management VLAN and 3 for the gateways). Each subinterface will be a separate subnet. On each subinterface (at least for the gateway VLANs and I would probably do it for the management VLAN as well) configure a HSRP group, so that each 2600 has an IP address in the subnet and a shared virtual address/HSRP address.

Each VSAT gateway should be configured with an IP address within the appropriate subnet and should have as its default gateway the shared HSRP address.

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies
作成コンテンツを作成するには してください