Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

HSRP between 4006L3 and 3640

I've currently got a tac case open regarding this issue and decided the forum may be an idea. Basically the config is fairly simple. I have 6 vlans being routed on the 4006L3 in the preferred "trunked" config between the switch level and the L3 level blade. Vlans 1-3 on G3.1 - G3.3 with a native vlan 1 -AND- Vlans 4-6 on G4.4 - G4.6 with native vlan 6. Routing fabric works great no problems.

3640 has 6 subinterfaces representing the 6 vlans as well with a native vlan on Fa3/0.1 of 1. Enter hsrp config for pair 1 on both boxes, pair comes up fine. Enter config for pair two on both boxes, problems occur. I get one flap error on the cat, hsrp authentication error on the L3 on pair 2, and on the 3640 I receive a DUPIP error for pair 2's ip which is physically different and virtually the same per config.

TAC agrees that my configs are good. But haven't gotten much further than this. The auth error is said to be caused by code rev differences between the L3 blade and the 3640 (12.0.x vs. 12.2.x) which is fine, but if true, why is hsrp pair completely fine??

Anyone who has info on this or configs please feel free to share. I've been banging my head up against the wall on this simple concept config. I am more than happy to post my configs too for those who are interested.

Cheers

1 REPLY

Re: HSRP between 4006L3 and 3640

This isn't really a great solution, but the DUPIP error makes me wonder... Have you tried "standby use-bia" on both sides? I believe you have to be running 12.0(7)T or better to use this on trunked interfaces.

Mick.

Views
Helpful
Replies