cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HSRP/Excessive state changes

olsonc0510
Level 1
Level 1

I have a router that appears to have excessive state changes on interface 192.168.168.2. Attached is the config of the two routers along with the results of the "show standby command". I've read some documentation but can't identify where the error is. Any insight would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

mark-obrien
Level 4
Level 4

Actually both fast ethernet interfaces on Router 2 are showing several state changes. Check to see that the switch ports that connect to Router 2 are operating at 100/full, and see if those switch ports and the fast ethernet interface show high amounts of errors.

Interestingly, Router 1 reports that the state last changed over a year ago.

Good Luck,

Mark

Hi, I think you should check the physical parameters like Cabling and Switchport configs. And moreover I have a suggestion. You can try making one interface in your Router 2 as active for one group. It will give a better redundancy and also will have load balancing between the two Routers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco