Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

HSRP Flapping between 6500's

I have two Cat. 6500's with dual MSFC's. All vlans are running HSRP between MSFC's. Every 4 hours (give of take a couple min) the standby MSFC goes active on all vlans, thus causing a Duplicate Address as the active MSFC never goes into Standby state. Has anyone experienced this type of behavior? Any ideas on how to troubleshoot??

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: HSRP Flapping between 6500's

What kind of link do you have between the two 6500s? If the timers are not configured properly, this problem can occur. Do you search on Cisco's site for HSRP troubleshooting, there are a lot of good answers.

THe link between the two switches are 2 x gig trunks etherchannel. Yes I did a search and read the HSRP case study / troubleshooting doc. which didnt seem to address the issue I am having. What kind of timers should I be looking at?

The impact of the standby going active causes the HSRP to flap thus disrupting traffic.

Do you have a sample of your switch and MSFC config?

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.