Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Blue

HSRP Help Quick

I have a 6509 that has 2 MSFC's. The Supervisor Module went bad on the first MSFC. It failed over to the Supervisor on the second blade. However, the routing is still being done by the first MSFC. Cisco is sending us out a new MSFC. My plan is to get the config off of the bad MSFC, place the new MSFC into another 6509, paste the config into the new one. Now, when I go to the 6500, I should be able to pull out the bad MSFC and the routing should then fail over to the second MSFC. I can then place the new MSFC into the chasis, and because the preempt command is on the first chassis, the new Supervisor will take over. I am doing this soon, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: HSRP Help Quick

That should work. Your tac rep might be aware of any gotcha’s or code caveats.

Re: HSRP Help Quick

After you paste the config in, do a show ip interface brief and make sure every vlan interface is UP UP. Make sure both MSFCs are running the same IOS. The supervisors should sync up their IOS automatically.

Remember, the supervisor is Layer 2 while the MSFC is Layer 3

Views
Helpful
Replies