Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

HSRP issue with Cisco2600XM

2600 FastEthernet not coming up as active, it was working for more than a year and stopped working yesterday. sh standby status shows interface either is in init or listen but it never goes beyond that state. Any suggestion?

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: HSRP issue with Cisco2600XM

There is not enough information here to really determine what is the problem. The symptoms sound like there may be some connectivity issue between the two routers that should be doing HSRP with each other. Would you post the output of show interface, show cdp neighbor, and show standby. Can you also verify that the two routers have ip reachability to each others interfaces (can each router ping the interface of the other router)? If we have that information we might be able to help solve your issue.

HTH

Rick

Community Member

Rick

Thanks for your response. Interface is up on both routers (they both connect via a 4006 switch)however I can't ping the problem router interface. show CDP neighbor shows the 4006. show standby shows as active on the standby router and active router shows as "init" or "listen" I reloead the problem router and still couldn't ping or get HSRP to work. I think it may a bad router, what you think?

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Nawaz

If they are connected by 4006 switch it would be helpful to see the output of show port for both switch ports. It would also be helpful to see the output of show cdp neighbor from the 4006.

If you can not ping the problem router interface this would seem to confirm that there is some connectivity issue which would explain the HSRP behavior. It might possibly be a bad router, but I think we do not have enough information at this point to say so for sure.

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content