cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HSRP virtual IP address is stops responding

ebala
Level 4
Level 4

I have HSRP configured between two FE interfaces in 7513 routers with RSP4. These interfaces are trunked to two 4006 switches. One switch failed. The remaining router became primary for all the VLANs. 10 minutes after the failure the Virtual IP address stopped responding. Once I configured the interface address the same as the virtual IP address, it started to respond again. If I go back to the normal config again, the virtual IP address stops responding after a while. Any comments regarding this issue is apreciated. I also have a TAC case open for this.

2 Replies 2

mdufault
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this when you have the same group # being used in the switched network, on completely different vlans. Check the CAM and if the mac is all zero's then it is the same problem I saw. Make sure you use a unique group # and stay away from the default of 1. Without know how all your stuff is connected it's hard to say but the zero mac is a clue that you have a conflict.

Thank you, for your response. I do have different group # for the different vlans. I didn't check the CAM. I will try changing couple of vlans to the normal config. and see if it happens again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: