Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

HSRP

I've 3 catalyst connected between each other via etherchannel. My issue is this catalyst are doing HSRP. Let say my root is catalyst A having preempt priority 200, catalyst B priority 190 and catalsyt C priority 180. Now i have a problem with my vlan2 where the ping is intermittent. When i change my int vlan2 at Catalsyt A priority 170 (to make my Catalyst B as active for Vlan 2) then the ping is ok. All my other vlans are fine. Why?

3 REPLIES

Re: HSRP

Verify the layer 2 integrity of the topology of VLAN2. Could be a loop issue. Also, is this happening on multiple end stations? Make sure its not an isolated incident.

Are you applying this to 3 routers?? Or are you trying to apply this to switches?

If so I thought it was only for routers, ie:

"Short for Hot Standby Routing Protocol, a proprietary protocol from Cisco. HSRP is a routing protocol that provides backup to a router in the event of failure. Using HSRP, several routers are connected to the same segment of an Ethernet, FDDI or token-ring network and work together to present the appearance of a single virtual router on the LAN. The routers share the same IP and MAC addresses, therefore in the event of failure of one router, the hosts on the LAN are able to continue forwarding packets to a consistent IP and MAC address. The process of transferring the routing responsibilities from one device to another is transparent to the user."

Hallo,

Is it possible to attach your configuration ?, because this is really something new for me, since I never knew before that HSRP can be use for catalyst switch also. I've tried HSRP few times before but only for routers.

Thanks and best regards

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content