Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group

jwise
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I hae an AS5300 which was set up and now I need to modify the serial0:23 group to add the line ppp multlink so that I can hae multlink ppp connections and I get the error can't modify the hunt group? How do you modify a hunt group?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

jduffek
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds like you have the serial0:23 bound to a dialer interface, with either the "dialer rotary-group X" or possible the "dialer pool-member X" command. Probably the rotary though...

Do a "sh run" and look that command and look for a "interface DialerX" in there...try putting the "ppp mult" command there.

If it doesn't work show us "debug ppp nego".

Josh

I have it tied to dialer group 1 which have the ppp multlink. The problem is you can only authenacation is when you connect at 64k. 128 k doesn't authenicate. In other word it works on a standard 56k modem but doesn't work on an isdn connection.

jwise
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a debug from an ISDN dial in connection:

Dual line

Start dialing for node ...

### Hit any key to continue.###

$$$ DIALING dev=2 ch=0.........

$$$ OUTGOING-CALL phone (6961011)

$$$ CALL CONNECT speed<64000> type<2> Chan<0>

$$$ LCP opened

$$$ PAP sending user/pswd

$$$ IPCP negotiation started

$$$ CCP negotiation started

$$$ Rec'd TERM_REQ

$$$ LCP closed

$$$ ISDN disconnect reason : NORMAL_CLEARING

Single line

Start dialing for node ...

### Hit any key to continue.###

$$$ DIALING dev=2 ch=0.........

$$$ OUTGOING-CALL phone (6961011)

$$$ CALL CONNECT speed<64000> type<2> Chan<0>

$$$ LCP opened

$$$ PAP sending user/pswd

$$$ IPCP negotiation started

$$$ CCP negotiation started

$$$ IPCP neg' Primary DNS 10.109.122.3

$$$ IPCP neg' Secondary DNS 10.109.122.4

$$$ IPCP opened

As you can see the single makes it through and the double fails. Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks,

Since multilink is negotiated in LCP I would assume that we don't have any problems there. Maybe the second call is failing because you are not allowed to do multiple connections. Are you using tacacs or radius? If so make sure you have multiple connections allowed for that user on whatever AAA box you are using.

If that doesn't help please grab the debugs from the NAS:

config t

service timestamp debug datetime msec

end

sh ver | i IOS

debug ppp nego

debug aaa authen

debug aaa author

debug tacacs !or debug radius

Not sure why you are receiving a terminate request from us...the debugs might show why though.

Josh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: