Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

HWIC-4ESW

Sir,

I want to configure intervlan routing(iwant to create 2-3 vlans and then connect 4 PC on this card ) on HWIC-4ESW . Does this card support ?

regds,

aman

5 REPLIES

Re: HWIC-4ESW

Hi,

Inter-vlan routing traffic from the ESW will be routed through the host Router on which the ESW is installed.

Have a look at this URL,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804554c7.html#wp1027129

Hope this helps.

-VJ

Dear Vijay,

what u are trying to say is that this card does not support layer-3 functionality..?

I can configure vlan on 4 ethernet ports available (by using switchport access vlan number command) & for intervlan routing I need to create sub-interfaces on router fastethernet port .

Pls. confirm ..

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Yes. You are correct.

HTH

-VJ

Purple

That is correct the card will support layer 3 operation thru the router , just create a SVI and apply the layer 2 vlan to the switchport . First create the layer 2 vlan in the vlan database. I am not sure if you can then do a subinterface on another router interface and have them in the same vlan , almost think that might be unsupported maybe someone can chime in .

Sir,

Just one more question , can we enter two or more IP of different networks on HWIC-4ESW ?

If not, is there any limitation ..?

regds,

aman

Views
Helpful
Replies