cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hyperterm and XP problems

schmirj
Level 1
Level 1

Are other people having problems using Hyperterm with Windows XP to configure cisco routers and switches? I got a new laptop and I am having problems with Hyperterm. It connects up fine but the up arrow does not retrieve the previous command correctly and the history buffer get corrupted with older data from previous connections. It has the same problem if I use serial or ethernet connections to the equipment. Hyperterm on the old laptop (98) works fine. It is NOT the Cisco equipment. I looked at Microsoft and Hilegrave sites and I did not find a reference the problem.

Any ideas?

5 Replies 5

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

check your version of HT. go out and find 6.3 private edition.

are you using it for both telnet and console ?

telent settings should include use terminal keys

and emulate vt100.

make sure you don't have anything else tied to the comm1 port (like hot sync)

Thanks for responding. It occurs for both telnet and console connections. I currently have version 5.1 of hyperterm that came with Windows XP. Will see if private edition fixes the problem.

Here is a link to download HTPE

http://www.hilgraeve.com/htpe/

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

If you're interested in trying a different terminal program, check out Secure CRT. It'll do everything Hyperterm can do and more (SSH, scripting). I've been using it for years, it's a great program.

If you don't want the SSH version, they also make a version called CRT that's just a terminal emulator.

www.vandyke.com

Scott

schmirj
Level 1
Level 1

Private Edition appears to fix the problem. Thanks!

It would be nice if they did not want you to pay to get the bugs fixed in the program especially since it used to work. Thanks again