Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Hyperterm and XP problems

Are other people having problems using Hyperterm with Windows XP to configure cisco routers and switches? I got a new laptop and I am having problems with Hyperterm. It connects up fine but the up arrow does not retrieve the previous command correctly and the history buffer get corrupted with older data from previous connections. It has the same problem if I use serial or ethernet connections to the equipment. Hyperterm on the old laptop (98) works fine. It is NOT the Cisco equipment. I looked at Microsoft and Hilegrave sites and I did not find a reference the problem.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Hyperterm and XP problems

check your version of HT. go out and find 6.3 private edition.

are you using it for both telnet and console ?

telent settings should include use terminal keys

and emulate vt100.

make sure you don't have anything else tied to the comm1 port (like hot sync)

Thanks for responding. It occurs for both telnet and console connections. I currently have version 5.1 of hyperterm that came with Windows XP. Will see if private edition fixes the problem.

Here is a link to download HTPE

http://www.hilgraeve.com/htpe/

Green

If you're interested in trying a different terminal program, check out Secure CRT. It'll do everything Hyperterm can do and more (SSH, scripting). I've been using it for years, it's a great program.

If you don't want the SSH version, they also make a version called CRT that's just a terminal emulator.

www.vandyke.com

Scott

Private Edition appears to fix the problem. Thanks!

It would be nice if they did not want you to pay to get the bugs fixed in the program especially since it used to work. Thanks again

Views
Helpful
Replies